Tuesday, January 29, 2008

He is my baby....

We've been very clingy lately...Zach and I. He definitely knows something is about to happen. But the fact that I can't talk about it with him like I can with Abby makes things more difficult. He's stopped staying in the nursery at church and he was doing so well! But now he can't stand the thought of mommy leaving him in a room full of fun toys and people he knows for an hour and a half. You know what....I'm ok with that. He's been my "baby" for almost 2 1/2 years. I don't know how to describe it, but him being a boy makes this all feel different too. When he was born for some reason I thought he wouldn't need me as much as Abby did. Boys are supposed to be more rugged, independent, unemotional. I was very wrong. He's my baby in every sense of the word, walking around the house with his blankie and "boo" (pacifier).

I went through all this when I was pregnant with him, how would I love another baby besides my Abby?! But it just happened, there's love in my heart for both my children, and things are about to change again.

Photobucket
Photo taken by my husband (he's so great!), processing done by me.


9 comments:

Jeanette Krzyzek said...

Such a sweet moment there Aim. I totally understand what you mean about the "difference" with having a boy. It's the same between me and Lukas. There's a really special bond between mother and son. I just love how different the bonding is with both of my kids. Life is great isn't it? So many special moments.... glad you (*jeremy) captured this one!

Stueller said...

Oh my goodness. Amy I haven't been touched like this by an image in a long time. This image says exactly how I feel about my babies and exactly how I felt those last couple of weeks with my oldest before Easton came. Truly a powerful image.

.E. said...

First off what a beautiful image of you two.. It reminds me of how I felt with my youngest son when I was due with my daughter.. This image speaks volumes to any mom I would think.

Kudos to your hubby for the shot.

e

sherri said...

Oh my goodness, Amy, this is so precious and perfectly gorgeous. Really the most beautiful maternity I've seen in...ever? I will keep checking back to see when the baby comes. ;)

Anonymous said...

Awww such a little lovebug portrait. My little boy (3 on the 17 feb) is the SAME way. He was barely 17 months old when Lilly was born. He's still *very* much my "baby" even now. I can definitely relate to the way you are feeling right now.

Amy said...

Thank you everyone. Totally all of us moms can relate. Its amazing how much life is going to change in just a matter of days!

~Laura~ said...

What a precious moment! :) No matter how big they get they will always be our babies.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my heart! Amy this is breathtaking. Mamas and their sons share a very special bond, this I know. We'll both have to treasure these special days with our baby boys before our little girls come. ;)

So touching, Amy. Thank you for sharing this, it's really, REALLY beautiful!!!!

Jennifer said...

WOW, stunning and in ahhh, is all I can say. This photograph speaks so much! Just beautiful! Oh and he's going to be a great big brother for sure!