Friday, October 3, 2008

wk 16/52

looking up at me
big eyes full of love and wonder
chubby hand reaching
tiny fingers exploring my face

our routine we know so well
a special rocking chair just for us
no one but you and me
peace and quiet but for a moment

your tummy full of love
sleepy eyes say you're full
these moments carved in my heart forever
these days I'll know so well

time to move on now
the last drink comes too swiftly
heart aching for yesterday's baby
you'll need me in other ways for sure






4 comments:

Jeanette Krzyzek said...

Your words are as beautiful as your image Amy.

Think of it not as the last moment, but the beginning of many new moments to come...

xo
j

Summer said...

Amy, you sent chills throughout my soul as my son Kellan(14mos) and I are having a hard time letting go of the nursing bond. *sniff*

Absolutely beautiful picture!

.E. said...

What a wonderful image.

Myla said...

Gorgeous, Amy. What a beautifully captured moment.