Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday... & Week 35/52



My baby girl turned 1 today. I keep getting a lot of "has it been a year already!?" from friends, etc. I am the most surprised out of all of us. This year flew by and I'm not that happy about it! I admit I've been emotional, thinking about the past year and how she's my last baby and what it means for our family...and me as a mama. She's just about walking now, and pretty soon the days of a crawling baby will be gone. I wish I could go back to my young mother self, when Abby was first born, I would tell myself, "Enjoy these days! They grow up so fast!" Lily's been my indulged baby :) And I like it that way.

Remember last year at this time? I sure do :) When I posted this photo I never thought what would happen in the days that followed. I actually am pretty fond of those days that I was overdue with Lily. This by far is my favorite one that I took, it is still on my fridge :) I seriously considered resorting to this...but was a wimp. My husband was a huge inspiration during those days, especially for this one...he deflated his basketball just for me :) But finally, she decided it was time to make her appearance. It was true, she wouldn't stay in my tummy for forever, although at times I thought she would. She arrived in a quick 3 hours and 17 minutes (I remember exactly when I went into hard labor because it was during an episode of LOST!!) I'm happy that is behind me now, and all I have to look forward to is my baby girl...learning to walk...or to use a spoon...or to be able to eat her food without having to cut it up into tiny pieces. :)

My two birthday loves one year ago...



and now...



Week 35/52 on her birthday





3 comments:

MissIndy said...

Wow! She's a year! I remember when she came! Happy birthday lil one! (Happy birthday to daddy too! LOL)

These are gorgeous and such precious memories! Thank you for sharing them with us!!

.E. said...

Well Happy Birthday to her.. I cant believe she is a year either

Renee said...

This post was lovely
Happy Birthday, Lily!