Friday, June 20, 2008

A new project...52 weeks of photos...

I've been inspired. As a mom, and I'm sure all you moms out there can relate, we are never in front of the camera. We're busy behind the camera, snapping away. Birthday parties, vacations, day to day life, there are a ton of pictures of our kids, our husbands with our kids, our kids with our kids...but where are WE? I've gone through whole outings, special days and months where there is no evidence that I ever was a part of my kids' lives! I've tried to blame my husband (haha), but its really not his fault. He doesn't have the passion for photography that I do. I hog the camera, and I don't ask him to take photos of me. He does a great job every now and then grabbing the camera and trying to get me in a few pics, but its not the same.

So...I'm embarking on a huge challenge. One photo a week, for 52 weeks. One year of portraits with my children. The photo will include me, a part of me, all of me, whatever...and one of my kids, two, all three, it doesn't matter. The point is for me to be a part of the photo in any way. I would encourage you moms to do this with me! Maybe its not every week, maybe once a month. You don't need photoshop to do this! My goal isn't to have a spectacular photo every time, the goal is to just take the photo.

Is anyone inspired like I am? Want to join me in this project? I know of some Moms who are already doing it! Leave me a little comment here, or email me at amy@amyschuffphotography.com. Or you can just come back every Friday to see the latest picture! (Put your email in the little box on the right to subscribe to my blog!)

And pray for me! I really hope I can stick with this! :) :)

So here we go, this will be fun! My first self portrait of the next 52 weeks with the littlest munchkin in my life...Liliana.

1/52
Photobucket

16 comments:

Jeanette Krzyzek said...

Aaaaah! Alas. It's unveiled! The countdown begins. Weeee! Ok, I'll get mine up on my blog at some point today. This is gonna be a huuuuge challenge for me... but a much needed one!

Good luck missy!

Love the pic! LOVE IT! Off to a great start!

Brea said...

What a lovely pic, Amy!!

I'm always saying I have no photos of myself with my kids, so I love this idea and might have to steal it. :)

Trista said...

Beautiful!! And OH MY GOODNESS she has grown! What a gorgeous girl! Good luck! I don't think I could do it. :D

Angie said...

I'd be willing to do it with you!! Are you posting on Flickr too?? Excellent 1st pic!!

rumble21 said...

Awesome idea! I can't wait to see what you come up with each week!

Amy said...

Angie - Oh great! I'm not on flickr very much, but I will be posting these there in their own set! Where will you post yours?

anonymous mom said...

What a gorgeous picture! I can totally relate to what you are saying. I think this is a great idea! I am going to try to do the same.

Jessica Deane said...

Gorgeous mom, gorgeous little girl. Gorgeous pic!!!

Leah said...

I'm going to shoot for once a month...We shall see!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I think I will join you and try for twice/month :-)

Shan said...

such a cute idea! I will have to do this when baby comes!

.E. said...

I love the idea.. just dont think I could meet the commitment.. I hardly have any photos of me with my kids.. I really need to get on that.. you two are gorgeous.

Amy said...

Thank you all for your comments! I'm so glad to see some of you join me. And to those who don't think they can do it...maybe just a photo once a month? Its important to get in "front" of the camera! No matter when!

Sara D. Elliott said...

Amy - game on! I accept this challenge...as I often am disappointed at the lack of pics of me & the kiddos and/or hubby. I do exist too! Can't wait to get started and see what I can come up with!!!

Carin Davis said...

gorgeous image...
and WONDERFUL idea!
i am going to try it too!
thanks for the inspiration!

Carisa said...

I LOVE your photography (I am a former photog too (now just my kiddos :) ), love your blog and LOVE this idea! I think I amy begin this when #3 is born in May.

Thanks for the comment on my blog, it is so nice to *meet you*. I will definitely be checking out your blog often expecially to see your weekly photos!!

Carisa