Saturday, November 8, 2008

So sad...

That is the only way I can express how I'm feeling right now. I am just so sad. My Grandma passed away last night. During her life she was a beautiful picture of love, grace and commitment. But a very short battle with cancer was lost, it was way too soon. I don't even have a picture of her and Lily together. Why don't I have that?? Lily is already almost 9 months old and I don't have a picture of them together?

Grandma is rejoicing with Jesus right now and I am genuinely excited and happy about that. She gets to see Jesus with her eyes where we only get to feel Him in our hearts. If you are reading this blog, and you are a stranger, or a lurker, or a friend, or whatever, and you don't know Jesus as your personal savior. What are you waiting for? I know how many people visit this blog, I can "see" you!!! Its my mission today to tell you that Jesus IS real, He died on the cross for you, He loves you, always loved you and will love you forever, no matter what mistakes or triumphs you've had in your life. I'm not talking about anything other than a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. How do people who don't know Jesus cope with tragedy? I know I am not always this real on my blog. This is a public blog which I also direct my clients to go to. But you know what, being "unreal" is old. Jesus isn't out to stomp on your fun, He's out throw His arms around you have love you more than you've ever been loved before. If you would like to talk more about how to have a personal relationship with Jesus, please email me at amy@amyschuffphotography.com or call me at 916.420.8889. I will personally walk you through giving your heart to Christ. But You don't need me to make this decision, all you have to do is say you need Him and accept him as your Savior. No, things won't be all roses after that happens, and all your troubles won't automatically disappear, but you know what??? Now you'll have someone to turn to, to rely on, to talk to and to share your life with. This is the most important decision you will ever make. I do promise you though, that life will taken on a new meaning after you decide to follow Christ.

John 3:16...totally paraphrased :)

"For God so loved YOU, that He gave his only Son for YOU, that whosoever (which is YOU) believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting LIFE!!!" Whoooo hooo!! That is awesome!!! How can you not be excited about THAT???

Sooooo, I get to see my Grandma again one day. I'm not just saying that either. I absolutely will! Don't you want to have that assurance?? That hope? Hope is hard to come by these days, but I can definitely say I have it. My family does, you can too.

I will miss her very very much.


Click this link to be taken back to My Grandparent's photo session. I'm so thankful to have had that time with the both of them.

11 comments:

Jeanette Krzyzek said...

Well, I'm always so honored to be the first to comment Amy. I'm terribly sorry to hear about the loss of Grandma. I'm so very thankful that you did that photo session with her and your Grandpa months prior. I know that she feels your love surrounding her, she always has....

Please know that I'm thinking of you and your family at this time, and that your post is very inspiring. Good for you!

If you need anything, you always know where to find me.....

All my love,
J

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your loss Amy. May God give you and your family the peace that passeth all understanding at this time! Great message in your post as well! Thanks!

~Aimee

Unknown said...

Amy, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'll be thinking of and praying for you and your family.
Julie M

Shan said...

wow, she is a beautiful lady. so sad for you... will be praying for you and your family!

reasons... said...

Amy, I am so so sorry to hear about your loss! I will be praying for you and your family! Let me know if you need anything!
She was...no is a beautiful woman of God.
May God give you the peace that surpasses understanding and the grace and comfort you need! You're amazing Amy and I love you!
Sarah

JJ said...

This post is a wonderful tribute to your grandmother. I remember first seeing the photos of your grandparents. There is so much love in those pictures. I wish I had similar ones of my grandparents.

.E. said...

Oh Amy.. I am so so sorry for your loss.. I know how hard it is.. I lost my grandma suddenly 12 years ago.. and I miss her everyday.. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Much Love

Elizabeth

Stueller said...

My dad was in an explosion at work 4 almost 4 years ago (two weeks before my oldest was born) and was killed and I know that the ONLY thing that got me through it was knowing that I had an eternal family and I WOULD see him again. We like to think he was hanging out with Dallin preparing him to come down here to be with us for those two precious weeks. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Amy, I am so sorry to hear about your dear Grandma passing away. She was always one of the most kind people and I will never forget the smile that was on her face. When I think of her, I will always remember her fun spirit and her tap dancing and tennis playing. I pray that during this time your family feels God's love and peace.
-Malisa Price

Jen said...

I am so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful woman!

Myla said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, Amy. You're family is in my thoughts. ((hugs))