Saturday, January 24, 2009

What to do...

...so the other morning, the family went and said goodbye one last time to Grandma. It wasn't as sad as I thought it would be, don't get me wrong, there were tears, but it really was a beautiful morning. It only rained a little bit, bringing out the worms onto the road. The kids were having a ball and it served as our entertainment while we waited. The kids were oblivious. How do you explain such a morning to a 5 & 3 a year old? I'm not sure how to explain it to a 27 year old...

So putting aside the great sadness of the morning, my family came together and did what we do best...we laughed together, chatted, talked about nothing really. We made jokes and doted on the baby, we stared at my sister who is wonderfully newly pregnant (and I'm so excited about it I could just burst!)

I debated whether to blog these photos, since they are all so personal to me and most of the world out there that views this blog won't understand at all what is happening in them, or even why they are personal (catching worms? personal?)...but my family will understand...and these are for them. Nothing special, but very special.

We all went out to lunch afterward at her favorite restaurant...she would have loved it.

So what to do now? What else?? Live life, love each other, laugh, tell jokes, catch worms (and follow with great amounts of hand sanitizer), don't sweat the small stuff (easier said than done) and trust that the God who made heaven and earth is All Powerful and All Knowing. He is taking care of our loved ones and we will see them again one day......





















This one's for mom!

7 comments:

Renee said...

Thank you for sharing these with us. They are beautiful and something I know you'll treasure in the years to come. Your grandmother was very loved

Jeanette Krzyzek said...

I think these pictures are beautiful and need no explanation. They are indeed very special. Ed's grandmother passed away a few days after Christmas and I had wanted to take my camera to the wake, but chickened out. I worried Ed's family might not approve of being photographed... but I really wish I had brought it. I believe EVERYTHING in life should be documented. The beginning of life, the years in between, until the end. These are moments worth capturing... worth remembering. Beautiful work Amy. Great job of preserving the memories with your grandma as well as the healing and coping w/o her.

Jeanette Krzyzek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanette Krzyzek said...

BTW... is "K" Pregnant??? Congrats to her and your family! How wonderful! I'm excited for her!!!! How far is she? See there, one life ends... and another begins. That is SO beautiful....

XOXOX

.E. said...

I think that these are wonderful.. I am sorry for your loss but what a tribute to the wonderful family you are apart of

The Svoboda Family said...

These images...they are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them. I know these were personal to you...I'm sure they bring comfort. Your ability to document these moments of remembrance is an inspiration!

RachelCapezza said...

Hugs, Amy. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I can tell how much you loved/love your Grandma. I still miss my Grandma every day -- she died 6 and a half years ago.