Friday, January 23, 2009

wk 32/52

~ Bath time ~



*For anyone who is interested, this was shot with my d200 and new 28-75 2.8f lens with the black & white setting in camera, iso 1600 (dark bathroom!), 2.8f, 1/100. I really love the black & whites straight out of the camera. I ran a light defog on the photo and added some grain for a filmy look. It's amazing that I had to ADD grain, with an iso of 1600 there should be an absolute ton of grain, but I find that taking the photo in b&w really minimizes the grain.

*and with that....I am caught up!! I'm so enjoying taking these pictures each week. I just got that new lens so maybe I can take advantage of it this week and try something different. We'll see!



4 comments:

Jeanette Krzyzek said...

Ok, I would comment on EACH image.. but... I think I'll just sum it up with GREAT JOB! Great captures... and good for you with keeping up on this project. You are a better person than I!!! I pooped out early in the game. Still trying.. but my kids HATE my camera now so I think I've ruined them with what little bit of this project I did fulfill! LOL

Anyway.. Great job!

Trista said...

Amy, I so love your stuff. :) Are you loving your 28-75?? It's definitely my fav right now.

I'm so impressed that you're keeping up with the project!! I too love getting photos of me with the fam, but suck at posting them. Sigh. Kudos!!

Jeanette Krzyzek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RachelCapezza said...

That still looks good with ISO 1600 -- with mine, it looks much grainier. Cute shot!